Monday, May 18, 2009

FIRST LIP(S) IMPRESSION

UPDATE: The song is uploaded to her MySpace page now and you can buy a download it starting tomorrow on Amazon.

First, I think it helps to follow along with the lyrics. (Below) I think when it hits me what the song is about, I'll go nuts.

I'm dropping all notions that Far will be a pop record.  This (in the case of Blue Lips) is actually two people with unique and amazing musical ideas.  There are enough Jeff Lynne flavors here to keep us interested, but there's something new and different going on, too.  Shame that there aren't more ELO fans on board with his producing.  His producing is still ripe, especially in a setting like this.

Her voice is amazing.  Her piano playing here is dreamy.  The strings are gorgeous.  And the way the song rises and falls in intensity gets more appealing over time.  This is one of those songs that you'll pick up on something new the more you play it.

I love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great review, Jerry! Good to see Jeff showing folks that he's still got it.

-Chippa